Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fiskars X7 outchops Gransfors Bruks and Wetterlings hatchets!

Reviews: Fiskars 7850 X7 14-Inch Hatchet

I was talented associate X7 for my birthday and ab initio wasn't certain if it might be any smart. i have been a loyal Wetterlings life Hatchet fan and have conjointly used Gransfors Bruks and did not assume that this artificial Star Wars wanting factor would hold a candle to them. Boy was I wrong! I've had this hatchet currently for concerning half dozen months and have used it to cut everything from dead pine and fir to laborious sugar maple and it's performed fantastically. Let American state break down my expertise with this hatchet....

Chopping- Not solely can the X7 outchop my razor sharp Wetterlings life Hatchet, its performance approaches that of my nineteen.5" Wetterlings Bushcraft Axe. such a lot of chips fly once I chop with this factor that I even have to wear safety glasses, no kidding.

Splitting- This hatchet excels at cacophonic thanks to the wedged-shape head on that. This makes it a good kindling axe.

Comfort- this is often what stunned American state the foremost. The new rubberized handle is very comfy, even additional therefore than my wood handled hatchets. It conjointly reduces shock, and since I've used it heavily over the last half dozen months chopping kindling for our wood stove I will say confidently that it's terribly comfy to use for hours on finish. it is also simple to block on for shut tasks.

Durability- I known as Fiskars and that they told American state that the steel on these is drop solid untarnished with a double-hardened bit. I asked what variety of steel they use however was unable to urge a solution. That said, Fiskars has had some issues on their older models having soft and simply crumpled or broken steel. i am unable to represent alternative X7 homeowners, however the sting on mine has verified as sturdy as my hand solid high steel Swedish hatchets. The steel conjointly takes and holds a hair-shaving edge superb still.

Sheath- The plastic sheath, tho' not pretty is truly pretty durable and protects the blade well. I complete up creating my very own animal skin sheath for it out of private preference.

Overall i believe this is often the simplest hatchet on the market right away value wise. Yes, it is not as pleasing as a pleasant wooden-handled Swedish axe and does not accompany a animal skin sheath. Still, it is a nice entertainer whether or not you are bushcrafter, prepper, hunter, camper, walker or trained worker. I particularly like taking this hatchet into the mountains on fishing visits owing to the untarnished steel\synthetic construction. I will really get this hatchet sharp enough to fillet rainbow trout! it is also nice for chopping fuel to cook the fish on still as pounding in stakes to carry your stringer. beat all simply a good tool at a wonderful value. Fiskars hit a homerun with this hatchet, try one!

No comments:

Post a Comment