Saturday, August 25, 2012

great little axe

Reviews: Fiskars 7850 X7 14-Inch Hatchet

I bought this axe for backwoods camping/backpacking for fuel process. It works fine for this. Its lightweight and was straightforward to sharpen to "shaving sharp". i exploit a folding saw to chop sections and also the hatchet to separate. I hesitate to decision it true tap-splitting as a result of the non-stick coating on the blade makes setting the pinnacle somewhat difficult. If you strike enough to line the pinnacle, you strike enough to separate the wood outright most of the time, that is okay by ME. I actually have used it on weekend carry visits and it preformed nice. It holds a footing quite well.

The only con i might mention within the "sheath" it comes with. Its for hanging from a hook in your garage, not for setting up your pack. I ordered a universal kind hatchet cowl by rothco that i'll use to safeguard my pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment