Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sharp blade, tough handle. Sheath could be smaller

Reviews: Fiskars 7850 X7 14-Inch Hatchet

The blade comes sharp, and it lasts for a protracted time. Once it's uninteresting it sharpens simply with my stones or Fiskars 7861 implement.

I was a trifle skeptical regarding the hollow fiber-whatever handle, however I've done varied things as well as hammer on the handle (don't try this, i am in no approach recommending such a stupid thing), and that i haven't broken it however.

It feels well balanced in my hand, and that i will cut branches, chop little trees/logs (up to five or half dozen inches), and in an exceedingly pinch split fire wood to smaller items with a facilitate of a hammer or an important stone.

If you've got a heavier chopping/splitting work, obtain one thing larger, however very this is often a beautiful tool for my bivouacking desires.

I don't just like the massive plastic "sheath" with a handle, though. It unnecessarily adds the majority. i feel i will build a animal skin one.

No comments:

Post a Comment