Friday, August 31, 2012

Having a BLAST with this hatchet!

Reviews: Fiskars 7850 X7 14-Inch Hatchet

I bought this hatchet when reading the reviews on this web site. What a pleasure to use!
I received it early in the week and have used it each day since. i'm clearing woods on my property to expand usable yard house. we've lots of huge and little maple and alternative varieties of trees (I'm no professional there)--some dead, some living. I actually have used this hatchet to fell, limb and chop trees starting from 2-8 inches in diameter. Now, I perceive that this small guy isn't designed to fell trees the least bit and undoubtedly not trees of over a handful of inches, however i used to be therefore affected with its performance on the limited guys that I wished to ascertain what it may do on the large guys. Admirable performance all around.
The reviews here square measure spot on:
1. nice balance and weight. little or no effort gone to urge a decent chop.
2. terribly sharp blade, good edge. It dings simply, however additionally sharpens simply. i like to recommend you get a decent sharpening stone or tool if you do not have already got one.
3. glorious handle style. light-weight and engineering.
4. Eyehole for safety lanyard a cool feature (I used 550 wire to make alittle articulatio radiocarpea lanyard for mine).
5. Killer deal for the (low) worth.

I have already begun trying to urge a 27" Fiskars axe to fell larger trees with. i can not stop chopping with this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment