Monday, August 13, 2012

Just as nice as their axes

Reviews: Fiskars 7850 X7 14-Inch Hatchet

his is a great little hatchet. The construction is very good, and it feels great in your hand.

And, it is very sharp. I use a wet stone to keep mine sharp - not a file. that's how sharp it is. I do wish it held an edge a little better. One cannot use this to get after tree / shrub roots without having to do some work to get it sharp again. Being fairly ignorant about the different grades/properties of steel, I have to assume there is a trade off for weight, or some other factor. However, that is the only thing keeping me from giving it a 5.

I have a similar ax made by Fiskars, and a few tree pruning saws as well. I have been using these for years, and have probably split over 1,000 pieces of firewood with the ax. I love their products. Well done Fiskars.

No comments:

Post a Comment